New Slug Line between Franconia-Springfield and L'Enfant Plaza

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Connie 4 months ago.

• Author

admin
    Keymaster

You’ve heard metro safetrack phase three will be shuting down metro service between Braddock Road and Reagan National, from July 5, through July 11, 2016. As an alternate to help commuters a new slug line is being formed between “Franconia-Springfield kiss and Ride” and “L’Enfant Plaza Metro”

Slug Pickup at Franconia Springfield kiss and ride to LEnfant

Drivers and slugs, download the sluglines mobile app and check in to show the real-time status of the slug line.

Use the flyer “Slug Lines between Franconia-Springfield and L’Enfant” to spread the word

If interested in attracting new drivers or riders, use the destination signs “Slugs Placard – Franconia-Springfield and L’Enfant” to display on the dashboard or hold the signs when you are at the line.

Questions or suggestions to improve slugging experience are welcome…

• #2826 Reply

Tony

Do drivers pick up riders for the Pentagon or Rosslyn from this location?

• #2846 Reply

Admin

Tony,
    There are more riders than drivers at this location. Both riders and drivers are some trying out this new location as they have lot more parking than at Bob’s and easy access to HOV lanes. Give it a try, you may find drivers going to different locations.

• #3351 Reply

Jeff

Status check. Is this line still active after the SafeTrack work? I saw the sign on a lamp post at the Franconia Kiss-and-ride lane, but didn’t see any action this morning. I’m a driver in Kingstowne looking for riders to Pentagon North or Rosslyn. Anyone out there?

• #3360 Reply

Admin

Jeff,
      We have some commuters who were interested, if you drive regularly at a specific time we can find riders for you. Let us know your preferred pickup time in the morning. We expect Franconia-Springfield to pickup when Bob’s parking lot will be closed for construction later this year.

In the afternoon, there are drivers who pull up near the sign and pick up riders waiting at the PRTC bus stop going to Woodbridge.

• #3363 Reply

Jeff

Thanks. I’ll be driving most days Mon-Thurs to Rosslyn. I would pick up at Franconia-Springfield metro at 0700-0715 with room for 2 riders to Pentagon North or Rosslyn. If you can link me up with some interested riders I’d appreciate it. I can’t offer return rides South due to my schedule.

• #12731 Reply

Connie

Where is the slug-line at the Franconia-Springfield metro station? I would like to slug from there, and prefer going to 14th and Constitution (Commerce Bldg). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reply To: New Slug Line between Franconia-Springfield and L'Enfant Plaza
Your information: