New to Slug Line

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Austin 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

A. Chretien

I’m starting from Stafford, the route 610 lot, and am traveling up to the Pentagon. How does the Slug work once i get to the parking lot and how is the flow of traffic? how long should i expect to wait for a ride and what are the times that Slug starts and ends. thanks!

• #2121 Reply

Felix A

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/resources/Fredericksburg/Staffordboro_Boulevard_Park_Ride_Temporary_Traffic_Pattern_Map.pdf
    Yellow highlight show where the riders wait for pickup for Pentagon & Crystal City. You can see lot of traffic between 6.00 AM and 8.00 AM, when you can get a ride in about 10 minutes, of course it depends on the day.

Happy slugging!

• #2177 Reply

Latoria

New to Slug. Need a ride from Arlington, VA – Virginia Square or Ballston Metro to Herndon,VA – Herndon Monroe or Woodland Park.

• #2226 Reply

commuter309
      Participant

Latoria, There are sluglines from Herndon Monroe to the Pentagon, some take metro to different locations from the Pentagon. Hope that helps

• #2186 Reply

bridget

Hi I too am new to slugging and wanted to know if there are any slugg lines to Union station from Woodbridge? thanks

• #2346 Reply

Admin

Bridget, There is no slug line to Union Station from Woodbridge, you can always have a “Union Station” sign when you are at the line. Let us know how we can help.
      v/r
      Admin
      http://www.sluglines.com

• #2342 Reply

Jose Lopez

New to slugging. I live in Dumfries (VA234 & I-95) traveling to Tysons (Springhill) everyday. I am looking to start a slug line or share the ride.

• #2347 Reply

Jose Lopez

I can drop off and pick up at their work as long as is within reasonable distance or around Freddie Mac!

• #2574 Reply

Carol K

Hi,

I will be working at 600 E Street NW DC
      Department of Justice

I would like to discuss this with you.

Carol
      Reston, VA
      Ph 612-309-2771

• #3927 Reply

Ariel

I work in the same building. Do you still slug to this location? if so from where?

• #2350 Reply

David Montanari

1. Is there commuter parking at the old Kmart in Dale City? I was looking for slugging to Crystal City from there.
    2. Is there a slug line to Crystal City from the Dale City commuter lot?

• #2525 Reply

eowusu
    Participant

Need info slugline from 14th street and Constitution to 234/route 1. Location of the slugline

• #2562 Reply

Carol K

looking for ride from Reston to 600 E Street NW (Dept of Justice)

arrive by approx 9:00 and leave approx 5:00

Carol

cj53kerfeld@gmail.com

• #3815 Reply

Riley

Hi- what would be best route to slug since i work one block from union station? Any guidance would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
    Riley

• #3816 Reply

Riley

Just to add that i’m currently driving from Hornor to 18H and from there driving to Union Station. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Riley

• #3817 Reply

Admin

Riley,
      Picking up slugs to 18th is the best, take the Arlington Memorial Bridge (to avoid 14th street bridge traffic) drop them off at the 18th street location. Other option is to get slugs to the State Dept, it is just a block off the Constitution Avenue.

If you are looking for slugs who go to Union Station you may want to try L’Enfant Plaza slug line.

Where do you pick up slugs?

• #3928 Reply

Ariel

Hello,

I currently slug from horner road to 14th. I am relocating and was wondering if there was slugging at cushing road in Gainesville or anywhere else in manassas. Thanks!

• #4044 Reply

wanda kj

Looking to slug from Lorton station VRE to pentagon in the mornings around 615 and in the evenings around 345 traveling back to Lorton station.

Thanks in advance

• #4947 Reply

Erika

Hello, I am new to slug-lines. I will need to leave at the Rolling Valley site and arrive at the 19th and I street site by 0800 in the morning. I leave work at 1700 from the World Bank a block away from the 19th and I site. Is there anyone who can help?

• #5741 Reply

Sami B

I am trying to get from Bobs to the corner of 1st and K Street (or someplace close by). Can someone tell me what the general drop off locations are for the Union Station stop?

• #8739 Reply

Sara

I’m new to Slug Line, and don’t know how it really works. Need a ride from Pentagon Metro to Herndon-Monroe P&R, or Wheile Station? Need it reversed in the morning.

• #10065 Reply

Janel

I’ve been looking everywhere, is there any slugging from Manassas to Tyson’s and back?

• #10080 Reply

Lacy

Janel,

If we start others will follow. I drive by both Manassas and Tysons everyday.

• #10079 Reply

Lacy

Janel,

If we start others will follow. I drive by both Manassas and Tysons everyday.

• #10082 Reply

Janel

Lucy how would one start a new line?

• #10083 Reply

Janel

Sorry, I meant *Lacy

• #12715 Reply

Austin

I’ll be slugging to/from Horner Road and New York Avenue. Morning is easy, but afternoon seems complicated. Can someone tell me where precisely does the 15th street slug line form? Is it exactly the same spot as where the PRTC D-100 bus line forms? Or is it on the other side of 15th street? It’s not clear to me from the user map, which says “Omniride bus routes are also co-located with the Sluglines” but then shows a map that apparently does NOT indicate the same spot as the Omniride pickup: https://sluglines.com/a/mwiki/index.php?title=15th_Street_%26_New_York_Ave

Also, I’ll arrive at around 6:00-6:15 pm. Are there still any rides left at this time of day, or should I walk further south to the 14th street/Reagan building slug line? Thanks.

Reply To: New to Slug Line
Your information: