Vienna Metro to Foggy Bottom

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Mark G

Hi all, in conversation with the creators of this app, we are attempting to create a new Slug Line that leaves from Vienna Metro and Arrives at Foggy Bottom.

• #2528 Reply

Mark G

SlugLine

• #2530 Reply

Admin

Thank you Mark, In case folks want to click on the links…

New ‪Slug Lines‬ from ‪‎Vienna‬ ‪Metro‬ to Foggy Bottom Metro starting 06/06 ‪

Pick up location at Vienna Metro: Slugs line up next to the bike racks in the South Kiss & Ride Parking Lot.
    Directions: https://goo.gl/b5XDIz

Pick up location at Foggy Bottom Metro: Slugs line up south of the Bus Stop on 23rd & I St. NW going towards Constitution Ave.
    Directions: https://goo.gl/n0xozu

Morning Slug Lines: (Peak Hrs: 7:00 PM – 8:00 AM)
    Pickup: Vienna Metro – Kiss & Ride
    Drop Off: Foggy Bottom Metro

Afternoon Slug Lines:: (Peak Hrs: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
    Pickup: Foggy Bottom Metro
    Drop Off: Vienna Metro – Kiss & Ride

Download Sluglines mobile app at https://sluglines.com/app_download

• #2531 Reply

MetroRider

Finally, I can pick up 2 slugs to Foggy bottom at around 730 AM

• #2550 Reply

Amy

I am interested to hear how the slugline from Vienna to Foggy Bottom went this morning. Also, any interest in a Vienna-down town dc (14th and constitution would be perfect, but anything in the area would be helpful)?

• #2551 Reply

Admin

Amy, there were about 4 riders at 730 AM, not sure how many were there before or after that. Are you planning to driver or slug?

• #2553 Reply

a

I would be slugging and would want to leave before 7

• #2684 Reply

Burt

Do you mean you can take a rider? If so, I’d be interested in slugging Vienna-Foggy Bottom.Please let me know.
      Burt

• #2685 Reply

Burt

I’d be interested in slugging Vienna-FB. Please let me know.

• #2827 Reply

Burt

I’d be interested in. How can I get in touch with you about this?

• #2836 Reply

Admin

Send an email to admin@sluglines.com

• #3314 Reply

Tim Nelson

Amy,

This would work for me. Shoot me an email at tjn28@georgetown.edu

• #2554 Reply

Barbara

How about anything going to the Washington Navy Yard from Vienna?

• #2559 Reply

Admin

Yes we can add, but we need to spread the word as not many drivers know about this new line. If you are a driver, you can pick up Foggy Bottom riders.

• #2572 Reply

iffat
    Participant

Hello, Any one driving from Centreville (Stone Rd Park & Ride or any other parking lot) to DC (FoggyBottom)? Thanks

• #3095 Reply

Josh P

Any significant number of riders actually using this every day? Would love to be able to use the 66 HOV lanes given how messed up the Orange line is going to be between Vienna-East Falls Church over the coming year.

• #3104 Reply

burt

Josh,

I’d be interested in.Please email me if can have a rider.
      Burt

• #3103 Reply

burt

Hi Mark,

I’d like to be on. Please email me if anyone wants a rider.

Burt

• #3348 Reply

Franklin A
    Participant

Are folks still lining up for this new slug line? With the current metro surge, I’m planning to drive more and am hoping to find some riders to take advantage of the HOV on 66. For starters, looking for riders this afternoon (my timing is flexible, but 5 would work well) and tomorrow morning (7am or earlier would be ideal). Thanks!

• #3355 Reply

Catherine

I wait at Vienna metro but no one ever comes!

• #3558 Reply

Pradipta Shome

Is the Vienna slug line still operational.

• #3559 Reply

Pradipta Shome

Is the Vienna slug line still operational.
    Thanks

• #3560 Reply

Burt

I wonder it myself.

• #3603 Reply

Asifa

Is this operational?

• #4638 Reply

Bill

No sign of any slugging this morning between 0745 and 0800. Maybe this line s no longer operational?

• #4663 Reply

Drea Filz

Hi,

Super interested in this. Is this still on? Would like to be riding with a driver from the station at 8am towards Foggy Bottom.

If something else can be arranged (such as leaving at 8:15am!) from around the vicinity of the station (Fair Oaks Mall would be grrreat), please do let me know ASAP! Thank you!

• #6480 Reply

Havana Brown
      Participant

Drea Filz, 8:15 at Vienna Metro would work for me. I drive in and park near the White House, passing Foggy Bottom. Please let me know if interested. valdesch@yahoo.com. Thank you.

• #4666 Reply

grant hogge
    Participant

i am interested in slugging on this line. i normally get on the vienna metro at 615 am so the earlier the better. email is hoggegc@gmail.com

• #4745 Reply

Bill

Seems there’s lack of drivers for this slugline? I understand that slugging is based on an ethos of shared interest (no money changes hands), but I’m interested in reducing my commuting costs. Given that we’re having issues getting this off the ground,I can drive if people are willing to share the cost of my parking downtown. It’s still, I guess, kind of a win-win, no? I’m pretty flexible on times, and travel Vienna Metro to McPherson – could drop off/pick up at Foggy Bottom.

• #4748 Reply

Admin

Yes there are folks interested in slugging / driving slugs, but unfortunately there is not enough number to spread the time and locations. To start with join the Facebook group for coordinated rides https://wwww.facebook.com/groups/I66sluglines/

• #12289 Reply

Paul

Any chance of a slug line from Vienna or fairfax to Arlington? I commute to courthouse, but would be fine going plus/minus an exit to be able to avoid rte 50

• #12771 Reply

Mike

I could swing a pick up at Vienna metro into Rosslyn/courthouse. Whet is the pickup spot?

I’m a little surprised that there hasn’t been enough interest in 66 slug lines….

• #12773 Reply

Admin

Mike, for slugging pickup / drop off locations check https://sluglines.com/a/i-66-slug-lines/ If you would like to coordinate rides join https://wwww.facebook.com/groups/I66sluglines/

Reply To: Vienna Metro to Foggy Bottom
Your information: