Login

Register

How would you introduce slugging to a new driver or rider?
  • admin
    Site Admin

How would you introduce slugging to a new driver or rider?

by admin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:26 am

Blurb 1: "Slugging (aka. Casual carpooling ) to and from work could be good options for individuals who may be looking for ridesharing options. These options work well for commuters on a daily basis, or for those looking for a one-time trip, go to their office infrequently, have a telecommuting or compressed work schedule, or are attending a meeting or conference, etc. Various resources, such as websites and commercial mobile apps, may help commuters find a casual or dynamic carpool partner in the Washington DC metropolitan region."

Blurb 2: Slugging (aka., casual carpooling, dynamic carpooling) is a unique form of commuting in the Washington DC metropolitan region. Slugs (aka., passengers or riders) helps drivers by reaching the three person HOV-3 requirements to drive toll free on express lanes (I-95, I-395 and I-495). In return passengers in getting a free ride. Drivers and riders volunteer to ride together on fast express lanes. Drives pulls into one of the designated locations, where riders line up. Drivers and riders dynamically match up and head to the destination. There are several designated locations in Northern Virginia, where commuters meet in the morning heading to work. Similarly, for an afternoon ride home there are designated locations in Washington DC and Arlington. Slugging is free, and self-governed by its participants. Slugging has its own rules and etiquette's, basically the "Golden Rule".