Sluglines was started in the mid 1970’s between the Pentagon and the Bob’s at Springfield. Since then it had been growing and today we have about 5000 commuters slug from the Pentagon to different locations along I-95 corridor. The I-66 tolls inside beltway that started on December 4, 2017, drivers are looking to pick up riders from the Pentagon. The new off ramp from the north bound I-395 Express Lanes to the Pentagon South Parking lot that was opened on November 17th 2019 has significantly reduced the morning backups on the old HOV-3 lanes.
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
With the tolls on I-95 commuters show up between 2:00 PM and 7:30 PM. After peak hrs riders wait at the carpool staging area near the intersection of S. Fern Rd and S. Rotary Rd. with signs to their destinations.
Construction Updates – NEW – as of 6am, Friday, February 16, 2018
- Construction activities to begin evening (6pm) of Friday, February 16.
- Due to impending inclement weather, the new entrance, traffic patterns and new temporary slug stations will be postponed to Monday, February 26
- Please follow signage to new temporary slug locations on or about Monday, February 26
- Ensure safety by following temporary sidewalks and roadways
- Expect traffic delays
- Visit 395expresslanes.com/pentagon for more information.
Slug lines from Pentagon
North Rotary Road
- Fairfax Connector
- Metro Rail
- Alexandria’s DASH Bus