|Wheels Stripped off at Horner Road Commuter Lot – March 31, 2016|
|Wheels Stripped off at Horner Road Commuter Lot – May 19, 2016|
Finding a parking space at the Horner Road Commuter Lot and commuting to work is stressful enough. To come back from work to finding cars оn blосkѕ, ѕtrірреd оf all four wheels and vandalized is whole another thing. It didn’t happen to all 3000 commuters who park at the lot, but had happened for about 40 commuters in the last one year.
- 18th May, 2016, https://www.facebook.com/frankjprincipi/posts/815825411882072 – Approx. 7 vehicles vandalized
- 31st March, 2016, https://www.facebook.com/sluglinesdotcom/posts/1164142536929666 – Approx. 12 vehicles vandalized
- 10th March, 2016, http://wtop.com/prince-william-county/2016/03/thieves-strike-horner-road-commuter-lot/ – Approx. 4 vehicles vandalized
- 21st February, 2016, http://potomaclocal.com/2016/02/21/sedan-left-on-blocks-at-horner-road-commuter-lot-in-woodbridge/ – Approx. 4 vehicles vandalized
- 14th January, 2016, http://wtop.com/prince-william-county/2016/01/tire-thieves-targeting-horner-road-lot-in-woodbridge/slide/1/ – Approx. 4 vehicles vandalized
- 19th October, 2015, Wheel thefts reported at park-and-ride lot in Prince William County – Approx. 3 vehicles vandalized
- 9th September, 2015, http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Commuters-Find-Cars-Stripped-of-Tires-at-Va-Park-and-Ride-Lot-326853841.html – Approx. 4 vehicles vandalized
- 28th May, 2015, http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Tire-Thieves-Hit-Va-Commuter-Lot-Again-334388281.html – Approx. 3 vehicles vandalized
Surveillance cameras are definitely a good deterrence, but the last incident on the 31st March, 2016 was executed while there were cameras at both choke points. That leaves us with questions, if those cameras are good enough to recognize the license plates? Do we have tools to analyze the video footage? Should the cameras cover the entire parking lot?
Crime breeds crime, 40 victims in one year is good for some thought and action.